Cybersecurity Prediction for 2019
2018 was a great year for things cyber. There was a lot of major breaches. From Marriot Hotel group to Quora, I’ll say it was an interesting year. Cybersecurity will continue to be an issue to every business and Government.e have some cybersecurity predictions for 2019.
There is still a global shortage of cybersecurity skills in workplace and this increases their chances of being hacked. In 2019, we expect an increase in demand of this skills.
So, what are you waiting for, learn some skills and get certified.
Organizations are going to be more brutal about cybersecurity awareness to all staffs. You do not have to be a cybersecurity personnel to understand that cybersecurity is everyone’s business. Every employee needs to understand the basics of staying safe online.
Ransomware will continue to hit the waves. Consumers will continue to be targeted. Organizations should prepare for and increase in ransomware attacks.
Cybercriminals will grow their malicious activities using malicious activities/codes which will make detection harder.
Forbes also released 60 cybersecurity predictions for 2019 and this prediction includes
- Use and misuse of data
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning as a double-edged sword in helping both attackers and defenders.
- Whether we are going to finally get over privacy or see our data finally being treated as a private and protected asset.
- How cloud changes everything and how connected and moving devices increases security risks
- Emerging cyber war conducted by terrorists, criminals, and countries
- Changing skills and landscape of cybersecurity
For full report on the cybersecurity predictions for 2019 by forbes, Check 60 CYBERSECURITY PREDICTIONS FOR 2019