Table of Contents
- 1 Certifications in Cybersecurity
- 2 EC COUNCIL’S CERTIFICATIONS
- 2.1 CERTIFIED SECURE COMPUTER USER (CSCU)
- 2.2 Certified Network Defender (CND)
- 2.3 Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- 2.4 EC-COUNCIL CERTIFIED SECURITY ANALYST (ECSA)
- 2.5 EC-COUNCIL CERTIFIED SECURITY SPECIALIST
- 2.6 Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst (C|TIA)
- 2.7 COMPUTER HACKING FORENSICS INVESTIGATOR(CHFI)
- 3 OFFENSIVE SECURITY CERTIFICATIONS
- 4 CompTIA CERTIFICATIONS
Certifications in Cybersecurity
Getting certifications in cybersecurity is a great way to building a cyber security career.Earning a certification,is a fast way to fast track yourself. Cyber security is a very broad field and it is always great to find a niche and pitch all the necessary skills in them and certifications are great way to do this. Earning Certifications also improve pay.There are a couple of certifications in cyber security.
CERTIFIED SECURE COMPUTER USER (CSCU)
The purpose of the CSCU training program is to provide individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to protect their information assets. This class will immerse students into an interactive environment where they will acquire a fundamental understanding of various computer and network security threats such as identity theft, credit card fraud, online banking phishing scams, virus and backdoors, emails hoaxes, sex offenders lurking online, loss of confidential information, hacking attacks and social engineering. More importantly, the skills learned from the class helps students take the necessary steps to mitigate their security exposure.
Certified Network Defender (CND)
The Certified Network Defender (CND) certification program focuses on creating Network Administrators who are trained on protecting, detecting and responding to the threats on the network. Network administrators are usually familiar with network components, traffic, performance and utilization, network topology, location of each system, security policy, etc .CND is a skills-based, lab intensive program based on a job-task analysis and cybersecurity education framework presented by the National Initiative of Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
A Certified Ethical Hacker is a skilled professional who understands and knows how to look for weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems and uses the same knowledge and tools as a malicious hacker, but in a lawful and legitimate manner to assess the security posture of a target system(s). The CEH credential certifies individuals in the specific network security discipline of Ethical Hacking from a vendor-neutral perspective.
EC-COUNCIL CERTIFIED SECURITY ANALYST (ECSA)
The ECSA program offers a seamless learning progress, continuing where the CEH program left off.
Unlike most other pen-testing programs that only follow a generic kill chain methodology; the ECSA presents a set of distinguishable comprehensive methodologies that are able to cover different pen testing requirements across different verticals.
EC-COUNCIL CERTIFIED SECURITY SPECIALIST
EC-Council Certified Security Specialist (ECSS) allows students to enhance their skills in three different areas namely information security, network security, and computer forensics.
Information security plays a vital role in most organizations. Information security is where information, information processing, and communications are protected against the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and information processing.
Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst (C|TIA)
Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst (C|TIA) is designed and developed in collaboration with cybersecurity and threat intelligence experts across the globe to help organizations identify and mitigate business risks by converting unknown internal and external threats into known threats. It is a comprehensive, specialist-level program that teaches a structured approach for building effective threat intelligence.
COMPUTER HACKING FORENSICS INVESTIGATOR(CHFI)
This is designed to detecting hacking attacks and properly extracting evidence to report the crime and conduct audits to prevent future attacks.
Computer crime in today’s cyber world is on the rise. Computer Investigation techniques are being used by police, government and corporate entities globally and many of them turn to EC-Council for Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Certification Program.
Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
OSCP is the most well-recognized and respected certification for info security professionals
To become certified, you must complete Offensive Security’s Penetration Testing with Kali Linux (PwK) course and pass the 24-hour hands-on exam
An OSCP has mastered a comprehensive and practical understanding of the penetration testing process
Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP)
Premier practical Wi-Fi attack certification in the security field
- Earned after completing the 4-hour online exam
- Pre-requisite Course: Offensive Security Wireless Attacks (WiFu)
- Proves you have the practical ability to perform 802.11 wireless audits using open source tools
- An OSWP is able to identify vulnerabilities in Wi-Fi networks and execute organized attacks in a controlled manner
Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE)
The most challenging penetration testing certification in the industry
- Earned after passing the 48-hour online exam
- Pre-Requisite Course: Cracking the Perimeter (CTP)
- Proves a practical understanding of advanced penetration testing skills
- An OSCE is able to identify hard-to-find vulnerabilities and mis-configurations in various operating systems and attack them
Offensive Security Exploitation Expert (OSEE)
The most difficult exploit development certification you can earn
- Earned by passing the 72-hour online certification exam
- Pre-Requisite Course: Advanced Windows Exploitation (AWE)
- Demonstrates an ability to research and develop exploits through reverse engineering, assembly, and disassembly
- An OSEE is able to analyze vulnerable software, find the problematic code, and develop a functioning exploit
Offensive Security Web Expert (OSWE)
Demonstrates fluency in the art of exploiting front-facing web applications
- Earned by completing a 24-hour online certification exam
- Pre-Requisite Course: Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation (AWAE)
- Exam labs is a virtual network consisting of various web applications and operating systems
- Proves a clear and practical understanding of the web application assessment and hacking process
- An OSWE is able to identify vulnerabilities in web applications using various technologies and exploit them
Kali Linux Certified Professional (KLCP)
The Kali Linux Certified Professional (KLCP) is a professional certification acknowledging one’s knowledge and fluency with the Kali Linux penetration testing platform. Certificate holders can demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Kali Linux operating system.
Individuals holding this certification have achieved the skill and ability to put Kali Linux to use as advanced power users, capable of creating highly customized and secure deployments. In addition, the KLCP provides a foundational knowledge for any information security professional — allowing them to use it as a solid base in their information security career or a first step in more advanced training and certifications.
is a global certification that validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats.
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
is the ideal certification for technical professionals who wish to remain immersed in technology as opposed to strictly managing
Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
- Enterprise Security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements
- More emphasis on analyzing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyber defense needs to meet business goals
- Expanding security control topics to include Mobile and small form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
- Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as Blockchain- Cryptocurrency and Mobile device encryption
is for cybersecurity professionals tasked with penetration testing and vulnerability management.
- CompTIA PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks.
- Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings.
- Candidates will also have the best practices to communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
This certifications cost a lot .If you are considering taking micro certifications, you should use some free Free online cyber security resources