Our world is certainly being propelled by rapid technological advancement, and mobile phones have become unavoidable if one wants to stay connected with their loved ones or for work purposes. As a result of the personal data it accommodates, your phone is a top target for hackers. The security of your mobile device is crucial because hackers can tap into it to spy on you and access your most private information.
Thankfully, there are a few ways to tell whether hackers are trying to hack your phone as listed below:
Inappropriate Pop-ups: If you notice inappropriate or X-rated advertisements popping up on your mobile phone, then there is a possibility that your mobile phone has been hacked.
Calls or Texts That You Did Not Initiate: If you notice unknown calls and messages initiated from your phone, it could indicate that your device has been hacked.
Excessive Data Usage: If your data bill is significantly higher than usual without you increasing your online activity, your phone has most likely been hacked.
Battery Draining: You should take notice if the battery of your mobile device drains at an alarming rate.
Poor Performance of The Phone: If your phone has poor performance, such as app crashes, freezing of the screen, and unexpected restarts, it is a sign that your mobile has been compromised.
Unknown Apps on Your Phone: If you notice unidentified apps on your phone that you have not downloaded, then there are chances that your phone has been hacked.
Unfamiliar Activities on Social Media Accounts: If there are unidentified actions performed on your social media account or email ID, then your device may have been hacked.
Not Receiving Calls or Messages: If you are no longer receiving calls or texts, the hacker must have obtained a clone of your SIM card from the service provider.
1. What Should I do if my Phone is Hacked?
- Delete Unidentified Apps: Go through your phone and remove any suspicious apps that you do not recognise.
- Run Anti-malware Applications: Use reliable anti-malware software to detect and remove malware from your mobile.
- Reset Your Phone: It is one of the simplest ways to remove spyware from your phone.
- Reset Your Passwords: Change passwords for all the accounts that are linked to your phone to prevent a hacker from accessing your personal information.
- Inform Your Contacts: Inform your contacts that your phone has been hacked, in case they receive any strange messages from your phone that should not be clicked or accessed.
- Contact Your Service Provider: If you stop getting messages or calls on your phone then immediately contact your service provider as the hacker might be using a cloned SIM card.
2. What is The First Thing You do When You Get Hacked?
It is advised to change your password as soon as you know that your device has been hacked. Password changes are vital because weak passwords can be used by hackers to access a bigger network, which is why they search for any possible point of entry. Make sure your password is strong, unique, and difficult to guess for accounts or devices that store sensitive data. Make further contact with those who can assist.
3. Can Someone Hack my Phone’s Camera?
It is simple to hack the camera on your phone. Hackers can access your phone without you knowing by using the camera on your smartphone to hack your device, spy on you, and access your data. The hacker can remotely turn on both the front and back cameras on your phone. Also, hackers can take pictures and videos, which they can then immediately post on numerous social networking websites.
It is best to be conscious as well of what you install from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store on your mobile devices. Some Applications are just a hoax.