CyBlack is calling for submission for it’s first cybersecurity innovation showcase. This is a virtual event aimed at spotlighting the most innovative cybersecurity research projects/proposals from the CyBlack community and the Black community in general.
This is a unique opportunity for students and individuals to present research to an audience of industry professionals, recruiters, and influential individuals. CyBlack will be accepting Cybersecurity projects with focus on domains including but not limited to:
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Ethical Hacking
- Human Factors in Cybersecurity
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- AI and Machine Learning
- Network Security
- Application Security
- Cloud Security
- Incident Response
- Vulnerability management
- Cybersecurity in Operational Technology
- Cyber-Physical systems
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Security Operations
- Digital Forensics
- Security of Social Media platforms
- Cybersecurity and Cyberwarfare
- Big Data Security
Eligible participants are invited to submit their work where top projects will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Innovation: Projects must be innovative and be an original research work of the applicant
- Quality of presentation: The project should be well organized and clearly presented
- Academic impact: The project should have an academic relevance and contribution to the cybersecurity field
- Industry impact: Project should have the potential to impact or improve the cybersecurity industry or profession.
- Social impact: The project should address a significant issue or challenge related to cybersecurity and the society
- Quality of methodology: Project must be well-researched and methodologically sound.
The research project should demonstrate sole contributions of the applicant (collaborative submissions are allowed, but one presenter must be selected by the team.) .
The above criteria will be assessed by CyBlack’s review panel. The top submissions will be selected based on an average of all criteria.
To submit your project for consideration, please complete the submission form by 11th of June 2023 and attach the following :
- A short abstract (up to 250 words) describing your project and its significance
- A brief explanation of how you believe your project meets each relevant criterion
- A full paper outlining your project in detail. The paper should be a maximum of 8 pages and in Calibri size 11 font. Headings should be in bold and can be above size 11.
- Any relevant supporting materials, such as code, data, or visualizations. Note: All submitted supporting material remains your Intellectual property and will not be used or copied by the CyBlack team.
Kindly note that all submissions must be your ORIGINAL work. For projects that have been published, please include details of where it has been published.
Evaluation and Selection process
Students whose projects have been selected by the panel will be notified by the second week of July 2023 to prepare for the presentation at the Cyblack Innovation showcase virtual event happening on August 11, 2023.
Students are encouraged to be creative and innovative in their submissions while showcasing their best work.
Submit you best work HERE.
CyBlack is a cybersecurity community helping talented Africans to grow through mentorship, community engagements, internships, connections, and job opportunities. For any queries with regards to this submission, please send email [email protected]